On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:57:50 -0500, Tom Marchant wrote:

>If a superseding PTF was applied, you can go into SMP 3.2 and query SYSMOD
>RRRRRRR. You will find that it has a status of SUP in your target and/or
>distribution zones. Select the zone you are interested in and it will show the
>superseding PTF.

Is this true even if RRRRRRR is an APAR ID rather than a SYSMOD ID?  (I
understand
that's IBM's practice though not ours -- I recurrently need to submit RCFs.)

And there might have been multiple ERROR holds, one of which was SUPerseded,
another resolved by installing a matching SYSMOD ID, and yet another which
was selectively BYPASSed (I always supply reason IDs in BYPASS).

Thanks,
gil