On 2016-08-04 15:48, Hardee, Chuck wrote:
> That would definitely work Peter, but ultimately I will not be the one
> compiling the program for production.
> I am developing a system level service routine that will be used by the
> application programmers but when it goes into production it will be a
> production control person that will be compiling it.
>
> I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and modify the compile panels to support
> additional parms.

Any process that requires the programmer to remember to make an
idiosyncratic options entry for one or a few targets will be error-prone.

Rather, I would do this with a Makefile with explicit recipes for
those few targets that need peculiar options, and a default suffix
rule for everything else.

-- gil