On 9/08/2016 11:49 PM, John McKown wrote:
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Frank Swarbrick <
frank.swarbr...@outlook.com> wrote:

Since I developed it at work for work I'll have to ask my employer about
that.  Of course perhaps I should have asked before posting it publicly,
but that's water under the bridge now!

Sidetracking, has anyone used GitHub for z/OS production source
repository.  Meaning interacting with it directly from the mainframe?  All
of our distributed development groups use it, and it might be nice if we
could use it as well.

​Just as a personal observation, I'd think that this would be difficult.
Someone would need to port the "git" command to z/OS. And that would likely
be a major undertaking since it uses the GNU tools to do a lot of it's
setup. It may also depend on some gcc (GNU compiler) specific
functionality. And, even if it is ported, there is the historic ASCII (UTF
actually) vs EBCDIC dilemma. You wouldn't believe the number of problems
I've read about due to the Windows CRLF vs UNIX LF-only line ending causing
"problems".​

I use git for z/OS UNIX stuff via SMB and it works well from a PC shell. A script that mirrors PDS libraries should work.

Frank