Kurt,   thanks for the response.  I had closed my ticket before they could
respond because I compared my secure FTP settings with IBM recommended here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.gim3000/gim3116.htm

SECURE_FTP        ALLOWED
SECURE_MECHANISM  TLS
TLSRFCLEVEL       CCCNONOTIFY
TLSMECHANISM      FTP
SECURE_DATACONN   PRIVATE
KEYRING           keyringname
EPSV4             TRUE

In my jobs I had coded TLSMECHANISM      AT-TLS when the failure occurred.  I
changed it to TLSMECHANISM      FTP base on the doc above and things started
working again, maybe it was a timing co-incidence?   I'll run another job
tomorrow when there may be additional maint to download reverting back to
AT-TLS.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MIĀ  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717