On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:39:39 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>​What the OP really seems to need is a way to direct one output stream to
>both the SPOOL and a data set. ...​ In JCL, that could do this (assuming the
>existence of
>the TEE subsystem) might looks something like:
>
>//SYSPRINT DD SUBSYS=(TEE,'DISK,SPOOL')
>//DISK DD DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),DSN=...
>//SPOOL DD SYSOUT=*
>
>​That might actually be an interesting project.​

One might do this in Rexx with:
    SYSCALL pipe
    SYSCALL spawn tee
    bunch-of-allocates
    LINKMVS started-task

... and BPXBATCH to launch the Rexx (that's what it was invented for).

Tee might not be able to deal with data sets, so you might also need
another pipe, then:
    SYSCALL spawn cp  /dev/fd/0  //DATA.SET.NAME
(Assuming all this conforms to RACF rules.)

I believe the JCL OUTPUT statement allows direction of SYSPRINT to
several streams, but they must all be SYSOUT.  Why not add
regular data sets to the mix?

I hate JCL!  John's suggestion might be a palliative.

-- gil