On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM, John Mattson <johnmattson...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My suggestion would use the KISS principle.  Yes, you can write (and
> maintain) SDSF code or REXX, or use special software, or do it the simple
> way.  Remember an STC is just a JCL job for most practical purposes.
> 1) Change the STC //SYSPRINT to go to DISP=(NEW,CATLG),DSN=SOME.GDG(+1)
> 2) ADD a new STEP  PGM=ICEGENER  and gener SOME.GDG(+1) to SYSOUT=*
>     Mission accomplished.  Audit has the GDG they want for heaven only
> knows why, and the sysout is still in the STC's sysout.

​As best as I understand the OP's request, he has two "demands": One from
auditing that the output be in a data sets; the second from some users that
they be able to read the output while the STC is still running (apparently
preferably via SDSF because they know it). Your solution addresses the
first, but precludes the second.​

​What the OP really seems to need is a way to direct one output stream to
both the SPOOL and a data set. This sort of thing is (conceptually) done in
a UNIX environment by piping output into the "tee" command. "tee" takes its
input (the output of the command) and writes it to all the output files in
its parameter list and to stdout as well (so that the user can see it as it
is being written).​ In JCL, that could do this (assuming the existence of
the TEE subsystem) might looks something like:

//SYSPRINT DD SUBSYS=(TEE,'DISK,SPOOL')
//DISK DD DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),DSN=...
//SPOOL DD SYSOUT=*

​That might actually be an interesting project.​

--
Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown