On 2016-08-18 07:18, Steve Horein wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Ed Jaffe <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com>
wrote:

> On 8/17/2016 6:31 PM, zMan wrote:
>
>> I mean, "When I read the list in GMail, I don't want to see a thread
>> broken
>> into 27 different ones simply because some folks use non-compliant MUAs."
>>

> Yes, every reply from Bill Woodger starts a new thread. I have not yet
> examined the headers to understand why.
>
> This might also happen with some other posters, but Bill's are _by far_
> the most numerous...
>
> --
> Edward E Jaffe
> Phoenix Software International, Inc
> 831 Parkview Drive North
> El Segundo, CA 90245
> http://www.phoenixsoftware.com/

It is not specific to any one client, it is specific to Bill's
behavior/preference:

For me (I receive the messages with Thunderbird), Paul Gilmartin's messages also break threads on IBM-MAIN; Gil is active here, so his posts break lots of threads for me. Interestingly, his posts do not break threads on ASSEMBLER-LIST. There are plenty of moving parts here.

--

Regards, Gord Tomlin
Action Software International