On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 08:23:56AM -0400, Gord Tomlin wrote:
[...]
> For me (I receive the messages with Thunderbird), Paul Gilmartin's
> messages also break threads on IBM-MAIN; Gil is active here, so his
> posts break lots of threads for me. Interestingly, his posts do not
> break threads on ASSEMBLER-LIST. There are plenty of moving parts
> here.

If you are curious enough, I suggest to have a look at his email's
headers and compare with description I gave in one of my previous
posts in this thread:

   :: Some appear to use listserv's web face on certain days (and have
   :: no "In-Reply-To" in their messages) and on other days they send
   :: from "Apple some-some 1.0" (and seem to have the right field in
   :: header).

Hope this helps somebody. Sending via listserv interface to the list's
archive seems to be source of the problem - I have not had time to log
in there and see myself, but according to Bill W. there is no "reply
to" option, only "add new". Chances are, listserv does not store
anything else beyound what it can show on web page, and judging by
mailman archives (of some other lists) I have inspected so far, the
"message-id" field is not included, thus reply would not have
"In-Reply-To" field either, or have wrong value.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **