On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:
<deleted>
> I just want a batch job to be able to say //STEPLIB DD
> DISP=SHR,DSN=JOEBLOW.MY.FOO.BAR and have it load programs from SYS1.FOOBAR.
> Isn't that what aliases are for? I guess you are saying "aliases are not
> system-wide -- they are intra-catalog aliases." Okay, well I guess I am
> learning something about catalogs.

<deleted>
> Charles

If SYS1.FOOBAR is defined in the normal search libraries, the second
line is not needed.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieae100/ieae10018.htm

If not in the normal search libraries, then:
//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=JOEBLOW.MY.FOO.BAR
//        DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.FOOBAR
allows test versions in JOEBLOW and if no test version gets the
productions version from SYS1.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA