I have no statistical evidence, but my impression is that V5/V6 is not yet in
widespread use. The biggest obstacle for *some* shops is the requirement that
output go to PDSE, which cannot reliably be shared across sysplex boundaries.
If you don't do that, no problem. If you do, then some (perhaps major) changes
will be required to create and manage multiple application load libraries.

It's now possible to install V5/V6 on a trial basis without starting the
dreaded Version Clock. Check with your favorite Beemer. OTOH the Version Clock
has been extended to 18 months from the standard 12. That should help.

Also note that installing V5/V6 does not mean converting all programs from V4-.
It just means that all new compiles must be V5/V6. In other words, you can no
longer invoke the V4- compiler. You are not required by Ts&Cs to recompile
everything. Or anything AFAIK.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson