>My concern is that IBM will announce EOS for Enterprise Cobol 4.2 and we wi=
>ll not be ready.

We have sold hundreds of licenses of COBOL V5, and COBOL v6 is starting to go
fast as well.  We have many customers who report more than 10,000 COBOL
programs compiled with COBOL V5 in production today.

Having said that, we do not have a plan to announce EOS for COBOL V4 yet.
We are saying that we do not think it will be before 2020, but if everyone
buys COBOL V5 or V6 in the next 2 years, that could change.

A minor correction to an earlier post:  COBOL V5/V6 output can still go to
PDS datasets, there is no requirement for PDSE datasets for compiler output.
BINDER output, on the other hand, for COBOL V5/V6 programs (Program Objects,
executables) must be PDSE datasets.  Only COBOL Load Libraries must be PDSE.
Compiler listings, object programs, MDECK, etc can all go to PDS datasets.

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<