On 9/12/2016 12:27 PM, Mark Pace wrote:
I'm setting up FTPS on a 1.13 system and am a little confused by this
sequence.  It logs on okay showing a secure connect.  But then it won't do
the actual download. So I'm confused if it's the certificate or not.

Not the certificate.

150 Opening BINARY mode SSL data connection for
/GIMPAF.XML.
EZA2870I TLS security mechanism negotiation failed - data connection
closed
425 ftpd: (data conn) SSL_accept unspecified
error

I haven't seen this one before. Your FTP.DATA seems proper. Could be a firewall issue as someone suggested. Sorry, but I think you'll need to open a problem with IBM Comm Server support and ask for their help to debug further. Perhaps an IP trace is in order.

As Skip suggested, HTTPS is usually way easier to use, especially with respect to firewalls. Check it out:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.gim3000/dsetups.htm

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development