Hi Elardus ,

Apologize for the late response .

*a)Ok, at what stage of JES2 initializing do you get the 878?*

JES2 was getting S878 abends during IPL

*b)Show your REGION of that JES2 Proc.*
REGION is coded as 0M

*c)Show your SMFPRMxx statements especially statements like MEMLIMIT and
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(??))*

SUBSYS(TSO,INTERVAL(010000)) -- SYS
SUBSYS(TSO,NODETAIL) -- SYS
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUSI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUJI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUTL)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUJV)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFACTRT)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,NOTYPE(32,40,60,64,99)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,INTERVAL(010000)) -- SYS
SUBSYS(STC,NODETAIL) -- SYS
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFUSI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFUJI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFACTRT)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFUTL)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFU83)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFU29)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,NOTYPE(32,40,60,64,99)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(NODETAIL) -- PARMLIB
SYS(INTERVAL(010000)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUSI)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUTL)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUJI)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUJP)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUJV)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFACTRT)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFU83)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(NOTYPE(32,40,60,99)) -- PARMLIB
LISTDSN -- PARMLIB
SID(2097) -- DEFAULT
JWT(0240) -- PARMLIB
EMPTYEXCPSEC(SUPPRESS) -- PARMLIB
STATUS(010000) -- PARMLIB
MEMLIMIT(00008G) -- PARMLIB

*d) Did you change something in JES HASPPARM? Or something with that LPAR
memory settings? Any PTFs applied?*

This is a newly built system and we are planning to use as sandbox . There
is no maintenance put on these systems  No changes made to JES2PARM and
nothing changed with memory settings

*e)What else was running while getting those 878 abends?*
Probably nothing apart from the system address spaces being a fresh IPL

*f)Can you see the MemLimit for JES2 in SDSF? Did something changed in WLM?*
No changes to WLM

*. *
*g)Can you see (source code) what are those two exits doing?*

Its vanilla code.no changes to the exits as far as i remember . I'll take a
look again ...

Regards,
Linda