linda golding wrote:

>Apologize for the late response .

It is all right with me. ;-)

>*a)Ok, at what stage of JES2 initializing do you get the 878?*
>JES2 was getting S878 abends during IPL

Ok, what replies were given? $WARM? $S or so? Granted if you could go that far.

Could you see what automatic JES2 commands were given/handled? Do you see JES2
Monitor starting up?
Can you see what last $HASP was shown?

>MEMLIMIT(00008G) -- PARMLIB

Could you try out NOLIMIT to see if that resolves your 878?

>This is a newly built system and we are planning to use as sandbox . There is
>no maintenance put on these systems  No changes made to JES2PARM and nothing
>changed with memory settings

Ok.

>*e)What else was running while getting those 878 abends?*
>Probably nothing apart from the system address spaces being a fresh IPL

Nothing? What about things like SMF, VLF, LLA, DLF, NET, OMVS, HSM and
start/stop things like IRRDPTAB and IFGEDI? Where they also active and running?

It could be that one of these is consuming storage or one of them could using
UJI eating up memory causing JES2 to die.

>*g)Can you see (source code) what are those two exits doing?*
>Its vanilla code.no changes to the exits as far as i remember . I'll take a
>look again ...

Vanilla from where? From IBM or CBT or just setting RC=00 while doing nothing?
Check if you have the RIGHT module with the RIGHT name.

I see 'vanilla' as something with size of x'20' or something.

Perhaps you should compare your system and JES2 and the exits with your other
systems?

Perhaps you should ask IBM for assistance?

Good luck and all of the best for you!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht