What version of z/OS are you running?

So, I might try the following

If you have an automation tool, this works easier

Start the displays when the JOB enters the system

1)  D GRS,DEV=xxxx         This can be imbedded in the JCL with the // command
JCL Card or issued as an MVS Command

2)  D U,,ALLOC,xxxx,1      This can be imbedded in the JCL with the // command
JCL Card or issued as an MVS Command

3)  Add PARM='UTILMSG=YES'

4)  Review the volume to see what is on it.  Any catalogs, DB2 Tables, zFS or
HFS files that might be enqueued?

5)  Is BCD012 a tape or disk?  Is it purely a flashcopy volume? Or do you allow
it to be used by other activities?

6)  Is this first time this job has had an issue or is this a reoccurring event?

7)  As others have stated, RMF Panels could help

Lizette