John,
Have you tried D U ... ALLOC COMMAND?
Ron

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 4:52, John
Dawes<000000ff0e22811f-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:   G'Day,

Could someone suggest how I could obtain information about a certain DASD
volume?  I am trying to trouble shoot a problem of a job failure when
attempting to copy a volume using the following parms.

COPY INDYNAM(SYS012) OUTDYNAM(BCD012) CANCELERROR      -
    PURGE ALLEXCP ALLDATA(*) OPT(4) ADMIN FCNOCOPY -

I get the following message:

ADR306E (043)-SBRTN(01), UNABLE TO COPY THE VOLUME BECAUSE OUTPUT VOLUME BCD012
 IS IN USE. TASK IS TERMINATED

I am trying to find out what resource was using the volume at that time.  I
thought that SMF would be a solution however I don't see a SMF record type for
DASD.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks.