From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: A true discussion in today's world (at least here)

When I get flak about the churn of staying current with maintenance, I climb my
soapbox. Look, I say, I've calculated that on balance it's cheaper to drive
your car as long as it runs rather than take in for periodic maintenance, which
is both time consuming and out-of-pocket costly. Most likely it will fail
somewhere down the road ;-) but getting it fixed then will be cheaper and
quicker overall.

Well, I say, if you wouldn't think of managing your car that way, why would you
think it makes sense for a computer system?

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company