Re: MP3000 - nothing good about? If you wanted a full 'function' z System,
there were alternative options
available at the time.

The MP3000 addressed the requirements of a certain customer type/set with a
different price point and. They
didn't need the same functionality as other z customers of the time.

In my book ESCON was a real channel and at the time the MP3000 was introduced
there were lots
of large customers (banks, airlines, utilities etc) still using ESCON I/O. So
no big deal if the MP3000 didn't have FICON.

BTW: Are there customers who still have BUS/TAG and ESCON devices today. Yes,
and they use the Optica channel
convertor to attach to FICON channels :-)