On 12/14/2016 8:47 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
Interesting. I have avoided going there, but perhaps I should.

The code (originally developed many, many years ago) builds and saves a model left-half PSW at initialization time, thus allowing the actual switch back to problem state and TCB key to be done with minimal overhead:

     PUSH  USING                  <Save USING status
     USING PSW,work_field         <Synchronize PSW DSECT
     L     R14,MODELPSW            Load model PSW - (First half)
     LARL  R15,CONTINUE            PSW instruction address
     OILH  R15,X'8000'             ..it's AMODE(31)
     STM   R14,R15,PSW             Build the PSW
     STOSM PSWMASK,0               Retain the current system mask
     MVZ   PSWBYTE1,TSOPKF         Set Key
     OI    PSWBYTE1,PSWPROB        Problem state
     LPSW  PSW                     Switch to TCB key and prob state
     POP   USING                  <Restore USING status
CONTINUE   DC 0H

Obviously, this will need to be looked at if we ever move it above the bar...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc