From "Pommier, Rex" <rpomm...@sfgmembers.com> on Thu, 5 Jan 2017 17:17:01 +0000:

>Thanks for the suggestion.  We are already running MODE=DUPLEX.

We had one or two systems where we had to make this change, and a couple that
we had to migrate to z11 checkpoint format.  Other than that, no issues with
upgrade and downgrade via WARMSTART between 1.13 and 2.2.

As others suggested, verify your toleration maintenance, and it probably
wouldn't hurt to do a REPORT SYSMODS <1.13 zone> COMPAREDTO(<2.2 zone>) and
vice versa.  I've been burned by "missing" PTFs before that make incompatible
changes (e.g., previously mentioned incompatible parameters, though these
usually are resolved via startup prompts).

Finally, do you have any exits installed?  We had to rewrite a few of our exits
for 2.2.  I don't know which (I'm not on the upgrade project), but I can find
out.

Regards,
Art Gutowski
General Motors, LLC