On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 03:49:42 +0000, Pommier, Rex <rpomm...@sfgmembers.com> wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>Upgrading from z/OS 1.13 to 2.2.  Attempted to IPL it tonight in our sandbox
>using a clone of one of our production LPARs.  Tried to bring JES2 up warm and
>got a $HASP095 catastrophic error code=$BR1.  We are running z11 mode on 1.13
>and the $HASP493 warm start message verified z11 mode.  I got a system dump of
>JES2 when it failed and will attempt to figure out something in it tomorrow,
>but was wondering if anybody has seen anything like this.  I restarted JES2
>bringing it up COLD and it came right up, in z22 mode.
>
>Does anybody know offhand if JES2 needs to be brought up cold when migrating
>from 1.13 to 2.2 or what might be the problem.  I didn't quiesce JES2 on the
>current 1.13 system before creating the clone for the sandbox, but we've not
>had issues with doing this before for DR testing (not moving to a new release).
>
>Any thoughts/ideas would be most welcome.
>
>TIA,
>
>Rex

I reply to posts using the web interface and when I tried to use your latest
post and quote the text for a reply, it came out in 64encode format, so I went
back to your original entry!

In all your tests since the original one, are you using the same cloned system?
 I was wondering if you try a new clone of the production system whether it
will work or not.  There is a possibility of some kind of error due to timing
of the clone.  I assume the clone was done with a snapshot?

--
Dale R. Smith