In article <caajsdjijlnffn9ltdqoagusrvhzgiwj8zsts_geai4bv8-3...@mail.gmail.com>
you wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 10:58 AM, John Mattson <johnmattson...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >     (sorry, finger check)
> >     And often they have no experience with zOS and therefore only a hazy
> > idea of what we are doing.
> >

> ?That is exactly why the management here was "All Windows, All The Time!".
> They didn't understand z/OS. They didn't understand what the z/OS people
> did, or how to manage them. And it was easier for them to "eliminate? the
> problem" rather than learn something different. Management is slightly
> different now. Current management doesn't want many employees. Most work is
> done either by a contractor on site, or by an outside firm (at their
> location). The company is now _mainly_ management.
> --
> Our calculus classes are an integral part of your education.
> Maranatha! <><
> John McKown

I don't think this is anything new. I remember a VP of a company I was
working for in 1982 tell me, "As far as I'm concerned, those guys work
for IBM. I just rent them."

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513