Hi Paul(Gil?),

That's great to hear that KC works on Midori! It's always nice to have a surprise that's pleasant every once in a while...

Regarding your wishes:

> o That ToC sidebar should have resize handles, vertically so I can see more > lines at once, and horizontally so I can see more of the docment titles. I (Firefox) see a vertical resize bar to make the TOC frame wider - perhaps try a different browser. There's no horizontal resize bar, just the vertical scroll bar. If you want to see more lines, your current best bet might be to reduce the size of the browser font (e.g. via Ctrl-[minus key]). It worked for me, though I could've benefited from a magnifying glass.

> o String searches work in that sidebar, but it doesn't scroll to make the
>   search target visible.  Sheesh!
Yes, I agree that that's annoying. The issue is actually already known, so we'll hope for a resolution soon. In the meantime, at least the search target is highlighted and its path is expanded in the TOC, so just scroll down until you see the highlighted, expanded topic to orient yourself.

> o When I follow a link to a topic, then return to the parent page with browser > "Back" control, it should show that parent page scrolled to the point where
>   I left it, as most sites do, not scrolled to the top as KC does.
Yes, this is another annoyance that is known and hopefully resolved soon. It's a pain, but, if you've scrolled in a topic and don't want to re-scroll when you return to it, the best thing to do for now is to just open links in new tabs/windows and return to the original tab/window when you're done.

And...
> Is there an RFE process for KC?
There is! https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/ :
Brand = Servers and Systems Software
Product family = z Systems Software
Product = z/OS
Component = Knowledge Center

For example: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=93288

On 02/09/17 2:15 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:48:17 -0500, zMan wrote:

And it's unusable on phones, and it's slower than dirt. Allatimesamesame:  fail.

OTOH, I was pleased and very surprised to find it works on Midori on a
virtualized
Linux.  Slower than two boxes of dirt, but I'll attrbute that to VirtualBox.
    http://midori-browser.org/
    https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox

Wishes:

o That ToC sidebar should have resize handles, vertically so I can see more
  lines at once, and horizontally so I can see more of the docment titles.

o String searches work in that sidebar, but it doesn't scroll to make the
  search target visible.  Sheesh!

o When I follow a link to a topic, then return to the parent page with browser
  "Back" control, it should show that parent page scrolled to the point where
  I left it, as most sites do, not scrolled to the top as KC does.

Is there an RFE process for KC?

-- gil

Sue Shumway
z/OS Product Documentation Lead