> It's laudable that HLASM is maintained uniformly across all supported
platforms, apparently from a single source.
> It's deplorable that something as intrinsic to z/OS operations will no
longer be cited in the z/OS documentation

It's making the customer accommodate the provider's internal organization,
which is an utter customer service and satisfaction no-no. It's like when
you call some 800 number and they tell you "oh, you have to call this other
800 number instead." I prohibited my people from ever saying "I can't help
you -- you'll have to call so-and-so" but told them rather to say "so-and-so
can help you with that -- here, let me transfer you."

Charles