Charles, IBM has been building System/360 machines and their direct, lineal
descendants for well over half a century. In IBM's latest earnings report
(and with impressive priors) its IBM z System/LinuxONE revenues and profits
are up again, and capacity shipments are up even more, again. That's even
without counting the related (and extremely real) revenues and profits in
software and services.

Wouldn't you be *thrilled* to have a business like that? The answer is
patently obvious (pun partially intended).

I also don't worry about whether Apple is working hard on the next iPhone,
or whether software will always require hardware. However, if you're
searching for a platform to worry about, I nominate this one:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/20/oracle-lays-off-450-employees/

Really the only thing that needs to be said, again, is "Thank you." I don't
speak for IBM, but if I did, I'd say pretty much the same thing. We're
delighted that the systems IBM's engineers work so hard to make ever better
are so widely, so vigorously appreciated in the market, by all of you.

Onward and upward.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com