Timothy,
thank you for your detailed answer.
As a former IBMer I still love mainframes. I started working on a 370/158 some years ago.. Having been in marketing for quite some time (e.g. S/390) I know how difficult it is to do global marketing. I think everyone here in this group wants the IBM mainframe be / stay successful.
People here in this group are asking valid questions, I think.

However look at it from the outside:
- some of the references you mentioned talk about Linux on z, which is fine - but NOT about LinuxONE (why not have a linuxone page where you can find all relevant information - including references?
   http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/linuxone/ could be a good starting point)
- for the LinuxONE community page: when you try to register (i.e. fill in the form completely) you may get told that the program is not available in your country: https://linuxone20.cloud.marist.edu/cloud/#/register - when an IBMer tells a prospective business partner that ALL z certifications are necessary to become LinuxONE partner - when you have sales leads for LinuxONE, but no one is interested, because people are measured on Watson and Bluemix

There seems to be some room for improvement...

Mike