Charles Mills wrote:
>Anyone have any idea how successful it has been? ....The answer matters
>to the MVS community because if IBM can sell a warehouse full of them it
>will support further mainframe hardware development, which must
>currently seem to IBM to be a small niche market.

Where do you get your "must" from? IBM often reports IBM z System/LinuxONE
hardware revenues in its quarterly earnings reports. Even with a "tough
compare," in the latest quarter (4Q2016 as I write this) mainframe hardware
revenues were up, capacity deliveries up more, and margins up, too. Of
course that's not counting other, related revenue and profit. IBM's CFO
also reported 8 new customers in the quarter, 29 in 2016, and 80 since
introduction of the IBM z13.

https://www.ibm.com/investor/events/earnings/4q16.html

So, successful, very. Thank you!

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com