On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:27:58 -0600, Mohammad Khan wrote:

>No idea why S/360 folks did it this way but among the natural languages there
>is at least one, likely more, where they do like you desire. In Arabic while
>writing from right to left 345 is written exactly in that order and it's read
>"five forty three hundred".

"Four-and-twenty blackbirds ..."?

How would you enter that number in a bilingual editor/word processor?  Which
digit would you press first?

I once had Google translate a short sentence to Arabic.  I was puzzled
to see the period on the right.  But, ah, that's a Latin period, so it belongs
on the right in bilingual text.  Can't reproduce the behavior today.

--gil