I'm just trying to wait them out. If no one takes these "significant rate" "opportunities", and refuse to move for 3 month to 12 month non-guaranteed assignments, maybe they'll figure out remote is the way to go.

Doug Fuerst
d...@bkassociates.net

------ Original Message ------
From: "scott Ford" <idfli...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Sent: 11-Mar-17 9:17:12 AM
Subject: Re: Mainframe JOBS in Austin

Amen Jack, everyone doesn't get that mainframe sysprogs and developers
really aren't a dime a dozen.

My dad used to say "buy cheap get cheap", see this everyday..

Scott

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 12:19 AM Jack J. Woehr <j...@well.com> wrote:

 Doug Fuerst wrote:

> If I take these rates, I'll make less now than I did 25 years ago. There
 are fewer and fewer of us, and yet they

 > demand more and more for less and less.

Time to form a consulting LLC and work from home via VPN at high rates.
 They've marked down those who want "employment"

 as suckers.

 --

Jack J. Woehr # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of

 www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the
 universe

 www.softwoehr.com # with a fine understanding of human fallibility. -
 Carl Sagan