> On Mar 12, 2017, at 9:57 AM, scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ed.
>
> I am nost surprised, it seems critical thinking has disappeared or is
> hiding.
> It's like the cycle of a company centralizing IT resources and
> de-centralizing..all at the whim of some mangler.
> I feel you have to have a long range game plan for company, products, etc.
>
> Scott

This company is unique and the “owners” are the brokerage houses. i.e. a sale
costs x many cents and we got the x many cents, Anytime we had to increase the
prices the brokerage houses screamed bloody murder. For instance a new CPU for
us took profits away from the buys/sellers. We always had to beg money out of
them for anything. When the brokers heard that they could make more money if
the DC was in Texas they mandated the move.
I think what bit them in the end was the automated sell/buy orders. At one time
we were doing 200,000 contracts a day and with computerized trading it broke
2,000,000 a day.

Ed

ps: The numbers I used were rough numbers as its been 20+ years and my memories
is going.