Apparently we ran into another of those PDSE latch contention bugs. While
terminating the holder of the latch, we had to force the batch job since cancel
had absolutely no effect.

We got messages
IEF743I INIT     FORCED - CODE SA22 - IN ADDRESS SPACE 0040
IEF743I AUTO39P  FORCED - CODE SA22 - IN ADDRESS SPACE 0040
$HASP310 AUTO39P  TERMINATED AT END OF MEMORY
$HASP310 INIT     TERMINATED AT END OF MEMORY

According to the books, IEF743I means "System action: The job and address space
end." Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. There is no indication
that I can find in hardcopy log that the address space (Initiator) got
restarted, and the dump that I took 17 minutes later shows the address space
still up with ASCBEWST (address space last lost control) about 1s after
$HASP310 INIT     TERMINATED AT END OF MEMORY. I do see the initiator restarted
25 minutes after.

I don't have a batch job that is non-cancelable, so I cannot test the force
command on a batch job running in an initiator. Does anyone know for sure how
memterm processing due to force goes for an initiator? Does the initiator
really terminate?

Our problem turned from Latch contention into ENQ contention, with that INIT
holding a vital ENQ and not releasing it.

Thanks and regards, Barbara