Barbara Nitz wrote:

>Apparently we ran into another of those PDSE latch contention bugs. While
>terminating the holder of the latch, we had to force the batch job since
>cancel had absolutely no effect.

[ ... snipped ... ]

At what z/OS version are you? Latest fix level?

What is your PDSESHARING statement?
Are you in a SysPlex? MonoPlex? A$$uming you're not sharing that outside the
SysPlex?

Is this an once-off or a problem occuring repeately? I'm asking because you
said 'ran into another ... '

>Our problem turned from Latch contention into ENQ contention, with that INIT
>holding a vital ENQ and not releasing it.

Can you post the ENQ on IBM-MAIN? Say, if you could do a D GRS,C or something
like that during the holding?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht