Restore also does a reject if the options entry is set to "REJECT".

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Can SMPPTS datasets be consolidated?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:36:28 -0400, Kurt Quackenbush <ku...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>> Kirt - if you are still listening:  Why oh why has "CLEANUP
>> COMPRESS(ALL)" never been enhanced to include the SMPPTS or made an
>> additional option?
>
>Mostly I think because the REJECT PURGE command with the COMPRESS
>option provides essentially the same function I think you are asking
>CLEANUP to provide.  That is, delete MCS entries from the SMPPTS data
>sets and then compress those data sets.

Thanks for the explanation.  Normally I have no reason to run REJECT PURGE
since I do purge at accept time.  For my z/OS zones I do have to do that
because the 2 companies each have their own dlib zone to go along with the 2
target zones, so I can't purge on accept.

Best Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS ITIL v3
Foundation Certified mailto:m...@mzelden.com Mark's MVS Utilities: