From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of CM Poncelet
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 3:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Can SMPPTS datasets be consolidated?

Yes indeed. Anything can be done in SMP/E via UCLIN - e.g. "DEL GZONE
ZONEINDEX(<whatever>)" + "ADD GZONE ZONEINDEX (<whatever>)" and then "SET
BOUNDARY(GLOBAL)" + "UCLIN" + "REP DDDEF(SMPPTS) DA(<whatever
else>) SHR" ... and so forth.

What matters is to use native SMP/E in batch instead of IBM's "SMP/E for
Dummies" dialogs.

BTW SMPPTS is written to only during RECEIVE. Else it is only read.

On 17/03/2017 01:13, Steve Beaver wrote:
> You can concatenate them or just build a new SMPPTS and change the
> name in the DDEF
>
> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zo
> s.v2r2.gim2000/dspts1.htm

>>> 626-543-6132 Office ⇐=== NEW