On Apr 24, 2017, at 5:05 PM, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> sftp depends on ssh.  But ... is it possible to configure ssh so only the sftp
> agent, not a shell, is allowed as an ssh agent on the server?

Yes, at least on Linux. We have a server where most of the accounts are
specified with ‘sftp-server’ as the login shell, so authorized users can drop
off or pick up files from those accounts, but cannot run any code.

I haven’t tried this on z/OS.

--
Pew, Curtis G
curtis....@austin.utexas.edu