That happens to me too, because I rename the PDF files at download time (and even organize them in various directories). So none of the external links work.

Maybe next time I'll try creating Windows shortcuts instead of renaming. For example, if I download has2x311.pdf and create a shortcut to it named "JES2 Messages", I can find it easily by using the shortcut, and then links in has2v511.pdf "JES2 Init and Tuning Guide" can also find it by the original filename. No changes needed by IBM - just shortcuts.

For that to work, I think I would have to pile all the PDF's into the same directory, but I can still split my shortcuts into separate directories (i.e. JES2, MVS, ISPF, etc.) to make it easy on me.

Nims,Alva John (Al) wrote:
For my $0.02, yes I too would like to see the file names match the manual title, BUT
there is a little flaw in doing this.  Sometimes within a manual there will be a link
referencing another manual and that link should you click on it, will be using the file
name that IBM assigns.  I do not run across it often and it does now fall within the
"it would be nice if ....," but it is easy enough for me to go and find the
manual and open it esternally.