Ron Thomas wrote:

>we are looking at renaming all of the datasets like the below.

>Old dataset - >  SLXR5V.SAPDB.*
>New dataset - > SLXR5V.SAPDB.X.*

Are they Non-VSAM? Do you have other means to check that they're still in use
or not? Do you have means to check that the new names are not already in place?

John McKown REXX will help you there. If they'r VSAM, you need to add extra
steps to ensure the rest of the cluster are also renamed.

Of course you need a sure way to check everything before you run it.

What we're usually doing - RENAME HLQ.??? to X.HLQ.??? (add unused HLQ before,
and thus move it out of the way) or something like that.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht