DASD vs. DISK vs. Migrated         Should be

DASD vs. TAPE vs. MIGRATED

I do not think you can rename if the file is TAPE or Migrated.  For Migrated
you might need recalls

Note:  Depending on the number of datasets, you may wish to have SAY statements
added
  SAY  input-dsn IS BEING RENAMED TO new-dsn
  SAY  Rename had a return code of RC

And you may wish to run in  batch.

Lizette