On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Greg Dyck <gregd...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Be aware that what you are attempting to do is dangerous and has the
> potential to create system integrity exposures that would allow a problem
> state program to cause a system failure.  I am not saying that it can not
> be done safely, because it can be.  But to do it safely without creating a
> system integrity exposure requires a lot more than just using RSAPF=YES on
> the ATTACH.
>
> On 5/15/2017 3:17 AM, Robin Atwood wrote:
>
>> Conditions 1 and 2 seem mutually exclusive. I tried coding MODESET
>> MODE=SUP
>> and adding SM=PROB,KEY=PROP
>>
>> to the ATTACH but it made no difference. I seem to be missing something
>> fairly massive here! Can anyone shed some light on this?
>>

> ​<snip>
>

> Regards, Greg

​Just coming out of left field here. I don't know what the OP is trying to
accomplish (at a high level) by doing this. But in the context were I need
differing security attributes (such as APF), I would go with a UNIX fork().
Of course, if the ATTACH'd program needs to communicate with the parent
through shared memory, that complicates things a bit. But should be
possible using the z/OS shared memory API.​ Or my "marshalling" the data
and using some IPC such as pipe or, better, UNIX messages. The problem with
all this is the CPU overhead and complexity.

--
Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of
selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless. -- Sinclair Lewis

Maranatha! <><
John McKown