Considering the many layers of emulation and fakery between application and
actual recorded media these days, I highly doubt these considerations
matter much at all.  While it makes sense to maximize BLKSIZE, that's a
low-order optimization, only worth doing because it's free.

It's rather a shame z/OS is still stuck with emulating a very obsolete disk
technology.

sas

sas