From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SDB (system determined Blksize)

Considering the many layers of emulation and fakery between application and
actual recorded media these days, I highly doubt these considerations matter
much at all.  While it makes sense to maximize BLKSIZE, that's a low-order
optimization, only worth doing because it's free.

It's rather a shame z/OS is still stuck with emulating a very obsolete disk
technology.

sas

sas