R.S. wrote:
W dniu 2017-07-10 o 16:13, John Eells pisze:
[...]
4. What about ServerPac Installation Dialog? Does it support EAV yet?

It does not.  It likely will never do so.  We are moving in a
different direction, with z/OSMF Software Management as our installer
in a few years, I hope.

That's bad news for me. I don't like z/OSMF and truly hate its setup.
All installations I know do not use it.

At the last SHARE, the question was asked at the multivendor installation-related session about how many in the room were z/OSMF users. In the past, I've seen those raising a hand to be perhaps 25% of a similarly-sized crowd, but in March about 2/3 of those present raised a hand (a pleasant surprise). Of course, one room at SHARE does not a valid statistical sample make, but it's one data point.

I'll also say that I have personally combed through the z/OSMF setup for Software Management and Cloud Provisioning (starting with "no z/OSMF"), and it's far better than it used to be. I think you will see some documentation improvements we have been working on fairly soon as well, which should also help.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie