On 2017-08-08, at 11:01, Nims,Alva John (Al) wrote:

> It is documented in "SA23-2276-02 SMP/E for z/OS Reference" look for GIMAPI,
> on the CBTTAPE are some routines that provide an interface between REXX and
> GIMAPI.

I don't consider GIMAPI a Rexx API; it's Rexx-hostile.  It requires
that the caller supply pointers in argument blocks, and pointers are
not a capability of Rexx.  So an interface to the interface is
necessary.

ICSF did far better with its API -- its arguments are Rexx-friendly
without being Rexx-peculiar.  It's a pity that the designers of GIMAPI
lacked such foresight.

-- gil