From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Jaffe
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2017 8:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: SoftwareXcel Discontinued

On 9/8/2017 12:12 AM, Timothy Sipples wrote:
> SoftwareXcel, and its successors, provide additional support services
> above and beyond Program Services, notably including some "how-to" support.

It used to be that if you didn't have at least SoftwareXcel Basic Edition, you
could not logon to IBMLink to search for fixes, you could not open PMRs
electronically (you had L1 voice only), and you could not download PTFs
electronically (you had tape only).

Are you saying that I can now search for fixes, open PMRs electronically, and
download PTFs electronically without paying for SoftwareXcel Basic Edition?
Please elaborate!

Haha! Never in my life have I asked anything resembling a "how to"
question via a support channel. I don't think that's even possible with
SoftwareXcel Basic Edition! LOL

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe