From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Jaffe
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: SoftwareXcel Discontinued

On 9/12/2017 6:46 AM, Tom Marchant wrote:
> http://www.vm.ibm.com/service/zmatrix.pdf

Awesome reference, Tom! I was informed just yesterday that we have S/390
Resolve rather than SoftwareXcel Basic.

That got me scratching my head as to what the differences were.
According to this chart, they are functionally identical offerings!

Probably one was offered to "Big Iron" customers and the other to "Little Iron"
customers or something like that. We pay for just a single seat.

In a few months we'll be "free wheeling" without a service subscription of any
kind. That should be ... ahem... interesting...

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe