I always put SADUMP for each OS release on the 2nd volume of my maintenance
sysres for each OS release (still using 3390-9s).   I create an HMC
profile on each CPC for SADUMP at that time.   If I was using a mod-27 or
anything
large enough where I didn't have a multi-volume sysres set, I would just put it
on
the dlib volume instead (this is what I did years ago).

Part of my migration / cut over plan for after a "GO" decision when migrating
releases is to update the HMC SADUMP profile for that LPAR and to verify
AUTOIPL SADMP has been updated in DIAGxx to point to that proper
volume as well (this is staged already in a "migration parmlib" concatenated
ahead
of the normal parmlib concatenation.  So at any given time during OS upgrade
migration, some LPARs are pointing to one level of SADUMP and other LPARs
pointing to another level.  It always matches the SADUMP for the OS version.

Regards,

Mark
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com