[Default] On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 12:09:54 -0700 (PDT), in
bit.listserv.ibm-main Andy <phunny.per...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi - I'm not a hardware person, but we have a CEC z13 with multiple LPARS we
>want 3 of the 6 to run on a different time zone. The system gets STP time
>through our external CFs.

Run all of the LPARs on UTC Universal Time something formerly GMT and
set the time zone offset by LPAR.  While there will be problems with
the cutover due to overlapping dates and times, after that most SMF
records will be consistent since most will use the hardware time and
be immune to DST changes.  People facing times can be used by the
applications.

Clark Morris