Peter Farley wrote:
>IMHO it isn't "... consuming non-trivial peak resources running their REXX
>scripts in TSO/ISPF" that is the issue for alternatives like Netrexx.

OK, then what *is* the requirement?

>It is the ability to use TSO facilities (like EXECIO, LISTDSI, etc.) and
ISPF
>utilities like the LMMxxxx routines and other "command" environments that
is
>the issue.

Yes, and we have REXX for that, interpreted and compiled, and it's lovely
or at least lovable. There's even some REXX support in IBM Developer for Z,
as a notable example. Where's the unmet need, the gap?

Did we somehow arrive at a generalized requirement to be able to access
particular TSO/ISPF features from *other* programming languages that are
not REXX, in a discussion about JITs, because of the functional utility
some z/OS system programmers desire to use other programming languages
besides REXX for scripts in TSO/ISPF?

OK, if I've understood so far, which other programming language(s)? Python,
Perl, Java, JavaScript, something else?

I'm just asking the "Why?" questions, that's all. Not opposed! I'm
intrigued, actually, which is why I'm asking.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com