> On Dec 6, 2017, at 8:25 AM, Kirk Wolf <k...@dovetail.com> wrote:
>
> Co:Z is not SMP/E.   We have reasons for that.  The requirement has only
> come up once from our enterprise customers in ten years.
>
> I'm sorry that you were unable to register for our Community Forum.  We
> have instructions on how to register on our support page.  We had to make
> it this way to keep the spammers out.   In any case we are not going to
> answer sales questions on the free Community technical forum.   As
> indicated on the support page, send an email to i...@dovetail.com
> <mailto:i...@dovetail.com> if you
> would like pricing information for the Enterprise License and Support
> agreements.
>
> Kirk Wolf
> Dovetailed Technologies
> http://dovetail.com <http://dovetail.com/>

You guys really do need to simplify the registration process. *ANOTHER* vendor
I deal with is equally a PITA for asking simple questions that are of non
really technical issues.
I was asking the guy why they made asking questions so difficult and was it do
to SPAM or just a lot of junk questions?
He asked me to wait for a minute and he brought the woman who actually looked
at the questions asked and she said well there has never been a spam issue but
some questions needed to be sent up to the support people and other questions
that they didn’t know who/why the were being asked and emailed the back a info
sheet, that seem to resolve all the misc stuff that came in, so I am not sure
how much spam you guys got but it helped their sales as like me I get turned
off by non answers.
I am reminded of a “simple” product like yours. I believe it was a 22.95 for a
tape. They shipped you the source and you were expected to compile and link it.
To actually run it you created a top that did a LISTC cat(what ever the catalog
name was). Then it passed the file to this progam and it made a prettier IDCAMS
list. The problem was that they didn’t write it very well and anytime IDCAMS
changed the output *YOU* were expected to patch the program. I had a irate user
and she wanted the reformatted output. I suggested that she got a program
request and let the programmers deal with it. She was insulted I wouldn’t do it.

Ed