On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 07:35:31 -0600, Tom Marchant <m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 17:04:15 -0600, Mark Zelden wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:05:15 +0000, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
>>
>>>... As others have suggested, pay attention to HIPER and FIXCAT, and
>>>ERRORSYSMOD reports.
>>
>>What Skip said!   ...
>>
>>The part I wanted to stress the Skip wrote (and why I chimed in) was his
>>advise to pull
>>the HOLDDATA and run report errorsysmods when you decide to go forward.
>
>I agree with Skip and Mark. I would add that it is good to run a MISSINGFIX
>report.
>And receive the latest HOLDDATA before every APPLY and ACCEPT.

Of course that won't hurt, but the time to run MISSINGFIX is when you are
implementing
new hardware features, new software features, OS upgrades etc.

What FIXCAT categories do you do it on for normal maintenance?  I could see
running it for
IBM.TargetSystem-RequiredService.z/OS.*   and
IBM.TargetSystem-RequiredService.z/OSMF.*,
but if a PTF was recommended for your current release it would have an RSU*
sourceid also
so that seems like an extra step that doesn't add value.

Regards,

Mark
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com